South African Permanent Residence.
Getting help with your Permanent Residence with Immicom.
As experienced Immigration professionals we offer a tailormade and dedicated service to applicants seeking to apply for this visa.
South African Permanent Residence
This category of permit is applicable to foreigners who have been residing in South Africa on the basis of their work permits for a minimum period of five years, their spouses and also to dependents of South African citizens/permanent residence permit holders.
Applications for permanent residency in South Africa are considered in terms of Section 26 (Direct Residency Permits) and Section 27 (Residency-on-Other-Grounds Permits) of the Immigration Act 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002) and read with Regulation 33 of the Immigration Regulations. In terms of granting Permanent Residency Permits, emphasis is placed on immigrants who are in a position to make a meaningful contribution to broadening the economic base of South Africa.
Send us an email on email@example.com.
Section 26 – Direct Residency
- Section 26(a) – General Work Permit
- Section 26(b) – Spouse Married for a minimum of Five Years
- Section 26(c) – Dependent of a South African Citizen or Permanent Residence Holder under 18 years of age (minor)
- Section 26(D) – Dependent of a South African Citizen over 21 years
Section 27 – Residency on other Grounds
- Section 27(A) – Applicants with a Quota Permit
- Section 27(B) – Applicants with Critical Skills
- Section 27(C) – Business
- Section 27(D) – Refugee
- Section 27(E) – Applicant who has retired
- Section 27(F) – Financial Independent Client